Having harp can truly set the right atmosphere for your wedding day. I take popular repertoire and create soothing covers of mainstream music giving it a classical, elegant feel.
The relaxing music provides the perfect backdrop to your special day, unobtrusively adding ambience without demanding attention.
Unlike a string quartet, I require very little space to set-up and play, and cost less too!
Below, you’ll find my latest package prices for weddings and events within 50-miles of Salisbury.
Wedding Day Harp Packages
- Up to half-an-hour of music before ceremony as guests arrive
- Entrance music / processional
- Signing of the register
- The couples exit music
- 2 x 50 minute sets within a drinks reception
GET IN TOUCH
Ready to enquire or need
to ask me anything?
- All packages include an optional free consulation to discuss repertoire and listen to examples. Consultations last up to 45-minutes and take place at my house in Salisbury, or can be done remotely via video.
- All prices include travel expenses for venues up to 50-miles from Salisbury and harp porterage charges. For venues farther away, fuel is charged at 45p / mile.
- A non-refundable deposit is required to confirm the booking with a balance due one calendar month before the wedding.
- Prices increase yearly however, the price you pay is the one advertised when you confirm the booking by paying the deposit.
- The deposit is not refundable if a client cancels or changes the wedding date. If the booking is cancelled within one calendar month of the wedding, the full fee will still be charged.
- Please note: I reserve the right to find an alternative harpist for the booking if I am unable to perform due to unforseen circumstances.
- If your event is likely to overrun one hour you must notify me about this in advance.
I cannot guarantee to be able to stay beyond the original booking time.
If there is a large break between one set and the next, you will still be required to book the time spent waiting between sets. Please call to discuss this if necessary.
Q: Can you play outside?
A: Generally the answer is yes. The harp will need to be protected from the weather, including direct sunlight. It will need the shade of a building, gazebo or something similar to protect it from the sun. It will also need to be positioned on secure flooring (e.g. a patio, or paving). If there is the possibility of rain (even a few drops) the harp must be fully protected.
Q: Can you play in one room and then move to another?
A: Yes, this is quite normal and happens often. However, please inform me if the other room is far away, not easily accessible or in another building, as this will affect moving times and possibly porterage costs if it is necessary to pack the harp and transport it in the car to another part of the building/venue.
Q: Can you take the harp up and down stairs?
A: In most cases the answer is yes, providing the stair area is large enough for the harp to fit. It is unlikely that I will be able to do this on my own. At some venues the staff will help me, but sometimes the ushers or other wedding guests will need to help.
If the staircase is exceptionally narrow at the venue, has low bulkheads, or is a spiral staircase, then it may not be possible to use the full size classical harp. In this situation you may wish to consider the celtic harp or the mini electric harp, both of which are more portable. Please ask for further information if you are considering celtic/electric harp.
Q: How much space do you need?
A: I will need approximately 1.5m x 2.5m floor space.
Q: What do we need to provide for you?
A: If you book the electric harp then I will need access to a power supply.
If the venue have their own PA system and you wish to play the harp through this then a technician is required to set this up. They will need their own microphones for the acoustic harp, and their own cables, feedback monitors etc.
For bookings longer than an hour please supply a non-alcoholic drink.
For bookings longer than 3 hours please supply non-alcoholic drinks and a sandwich. Music is played in 50 minute sets, so there is an opportunity to eat between sets if booked for a long time.
Q: I have a piece of music I would like in the ceremony that is not on your repertoire list – will you still be able to play this?
A: So long as it is requested at least one month in advance and translates well to the harp then this is ok.
If there are over three special requests for music, there may be a small charge to cover cost of purchasing and transcribing music (where necessary), or it may be advisable to book another harpist who already plays your required repertoire. Please discuss repertoire directly with me if you have any particular requests.
Q: What happens if I need to change the date?
A: If your original wedding date is over 3 months away and if I am available for your new date I will happily apply the deposit to your new date. Dates can only be moved once.